Manual Handling Instructor – Fetac Level 6
This programme is designed to meet the Fetac specification for candidates wishing to gain the Fetac Level 6 Award for Manual Handling Instructor.
The 5 day programme is highly interactive, with a clear focus being placed on the analysis of practical manual handling techniques, risk assessment and the development of trainer skills.
The programme includes comprehensive information on:
- Legal Aspects relating to Manual Handling
- Delivery of a Practical Manual Handling lesson – covering Theoretical and Practical elements, using the Anderlift Presentation Model.
- Anatomy of the Spine, Work Physiology, Fitness and Flexibility, Biomechanics (Presented by Chartered Physiotherapist).
- Instructional Skills - to include student preperation and delivery of specified short presentations.
- Practical Lifting and moving of loads at different levels – Analysis of participant performance is a key factor of this module.
- Manual Handling Risk Assessment and Ergonomics – This module focuses on the use of approved Risk Assessment templates to examine workplace manual handling activity. The module will also provide guidance on an important Risk Assessment Assignment that forms part of the overall course assessment.
Final Assessment includes:
Student Presentations of Manual Handling Modules
Practical Manual Handling Assessment
Final Briefing on Course Assignment
Course Discussion and Conclusion
Certification: Successful Candidates will receive the new Level 6 Award through the normal Fetac submission process, subject to external authentication.
Appeals process: Anderlift have an Appeals process in place as part of our quality assurance agreement with Fetac.
Support for Learners: Anderlift staff will provide a high level of mentoring to interested candidates and will provide specific guidance in relation to the assessment process.
For EXISTING INSTRUCTORS who wish to upgrade to Fetac Level 6 status please click here
Please contact Patricia O’Leary on 021-4559180 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org to book a place on one of our courses.